Ads Top

Thingamabob, czyli jak się wyrażać gdy dokładnie nie wiemy jak się wyrazić

Thingamabob /ˈθɪŋəmiˌbɒbto takie słówko, którego możemy użyć kiedy nie wiemy jak coś się nazywa lub gdy po prostu tego zapomnieliśmy.




Hand me one of those red thingamabobs over there.

Pass me the thingamabob, I wanna change the channel.


Podobne zwroty to 
whatyamacallit  /ˈwɒtʃəməˌkɔːlɪt/  
oraz   thingy  /ˈθɪŋi/:


My car sounds funny when I break, I think it's the eeehh, you know that thingamabob, the whatyamacallit, besides that other thingy under the hood!

Hey, honey. What is that thingy right there? Not that thingy. That thingy there.

I went to the restaurant and ordered the plate with shrimp and the other side...whatchamacallit.


To takie polskie 'takie coś' lub 'takie cuś' ;)


Apparently there's even a chocolate bar called this way ;)

and it's 1987 commercial



and Monty Python's Tax on Thingy


3 komentarze:

  1. Pytanie: czy należałoby uczyć tych słówek już na pierwszej lekcji angielskiego? ...czy może informować o ich istnieniu dopiero biegłych w języku? ;) pomocne a jednocześnie rozleniwiające. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I'd definitely keep it for the ones who know how to make use of it, but I'm also pretty sure that it won't do any harm to low level ss since the words would be too longish and a bit too complicated for them.

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Obsługiwane przez usługę Blogger.